NationalMap Release notes for February 2019, these detail:
Changes to Road data
- We continually review roading and subdivision projects around the country with the aim to make live roads as soon as they are opened
- Also we have initiated a project to capture property and facility access roads
Changes to Contextual data
- Several categories of POIs have been reviewed in the last month
- A review of building outlines for hospital and campus locations around the country
NationalMap is engineered with context, analysis and business integration in mind, making it the essential solution for all of your mapping and location-based applications.
The NationalMap dataset allows your data to be displayed and analysed in context with the surrounding geography.
NationalMap provides street-level mapping with unparalleled display quality and data accuracy. It is widely recognised as the most comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date New Zealand map data and is trusted by many global and local companies where accuracy, especially for road information, is critical to their business.
Including our up-to-date proprietary road network and a gazetteer of place names and landmarks, NationalMap is a comprehensive digital map solution. Also included is a useful range of boundaries for local and regional government administration, such as communities of interest, (optional) postcode boundaries and statistical areas, and many other topographic data layers.
Specialist add-on modules are also available including:
- Cadastral land parcel information provisioned through the LINZ Data Service (LDS)
- Routing application to enable journey planning and route analysis to assist in fleet management, among other applications
- Elevation information including contour data and digital elevation models.
NationalMap is completely scalable in its deployment, allowing the purchasing of contiguous or discrete areas ranging from the whole country, to North and South Islands; regional councils, to territorial authorities.
NationalMap is also directly compatible with a number of other data products. This eliminates the need for user integration and configuration, providing seamless overlays and ease of use through common datasets.